|Occupation||Admiral in the Federal Navy|
Chief of Federal Security
Chief Military Liaison for Aegis
Admiral Aden Tanner is the Chief of Federal Security and Chief Military Liaison for Aegis. A seasoned military leader with over four decades of experience in the Federal Navy, Tanner was appointed to Chief of Federal Security on April 7, 3303 ostensibly to investigate Thargoid activity, a move which prompted media outlets to nickname him "the alien tsar". Tanner was appointed Chief Military Liaison for Aegis on August 19, 3303.
07 APR 3303
- Following his appointment to the newly-created role of Chief of Federal Security, Admiral Aden Tanner made the following statement: "Having reviewed all available information, we can confirm these craft are active primarily within the Pleiades Nebula and the space in and around the Maia and Merope systems. The significance of these locations – if any – has not yet been determined. We can also confirm, despite rumours to the contrary, that carrying an Unknown Artefact does not attract the attention of these vessels. A number of independent pilots claim to have seen evidence that these ships have attacked human vessels, but no empirical verification has been recovered. Nevertheless, I would urge the galactic community to treat these strange ships with extreme caution."
19 AUG 3303
- After reports surfaced that Admiral Tanner was liaising with Aegis, Tanner made the following statement: "It is my sincere pleasure to support Aegis in its mission and contribute to what I hope will be a new era of collaboration. I know there are those who have questioned my involvement with Aegis, but I can assure you that after forty years in the military, I am ready for some peace."
27 OCT 3303
- Admiral anner addressed reports of capital ships being destroyed by the Thargoids: "Although the shutdown field neutraliser developed by Aegis is capable of protecting small ships, we have encountered difficulties adapting the technology to larger spacecraft. Furthermore, the fact that Thargoids tend to target larger vessels with multiple shutdown beams simultaneously makes the task of protecting them more difficult.The fact that capital-class ships are more vulnerable to Thargoid attack means they are an ineffective way of protecting outposts, planets and shipping lanes. Consequently, for the present, the deployment of capital ships is not considered an effective defence strategy."
24 FEB 3304
- After Aegis confirmed that the Thargoids had been directly targeting Aegis laboratories, Admiral Aden Tanner made this statement: "We have identified that the Thargoids are specifically targeting starports where Aegis laboratories are established. These include Titan's Daughter in the Taygeta system, Liman Legacy in HIP 16753 and the Oracle in the Pleiades Sector IR-W D1-55."
09 MAR 3304
- Admiral Tanner commented on Aegis's launch of the Eagle Eye surveillance initiative: "Our new Eagle Eye initiative will closely monitor systems where Thargoid surface sites are known to exist. We have established orbital surveillance installations at six locations in the Pleiades, which will measure energy-level fluctuations and track ship movements. Each installation is attended by a comms beacon that will collect the data before transmitting it to us for analysis."
16 MAR 3304
- Aegis released the following statement on behalf of Admiral Tanner: "The new Eagle Eye installations are a success, they have identified fluctuations in Thargoid transmissions from a number of planet side structures. With the invaluable help of the members of the Pilots Federation we have identified that the new signals are pointing to locations in human space. We believe these to be identifying the location of potential Thargoid attacks and if this is proved to be the case it will be a huge break through and a validation of our work here. We continue to monitor the Thargoid activity using the Eagle Eye installations in the Pleiades and have confirmed reports that the Eagle Eye installations have detected new signals. We urge all available pilots to investigate these changes to see if we can thwart the Thargoids."
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Galactic News: Alien Tsar Makes Statement
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Galactic News: Federal Security Chief Liaising with Aegis
- ↑ Galactic News: Capital Ships Vulnerable to Thargoid Attack
- ↑ GalNet: Thargoids Targeting Aegis Laboratories
- ↑ GalNet: Thargoid Surveillance in the Pleiades
- ↑ GalNet: Thargoid Surveillance Continues