|Relations||Harold Duval - (Father)|
Hengist Duval - (Grandfather)
Arissa Lavigny-Duval - (Aunt)
|Command Capital||4641 CC|
|Prismatic Shield Generator|
I hate narcotics and think they should be made illegal. My mother died from them before I was old enough to remember her.
— Princess Aisling Duval
During the power struggle for the Imperial Throne, she claimed that she was the natural successor to the late Emperor Hengist Duval due to her direct blood descent. However, Arissa Lavigny-Duval revealed that she was the illegitimate biological daughter of Hengist Duval. So Aisling supported Arissa Lavigny-Duval's claim and Arissa was elected by the Imperial Senate as the emperor.
Despite her youth, the 'People's Princess' enjoys considerable support from the people and also from elements who would benefit from shaking up Imperial society. Unlike other key persons in the Empire, she is against Imperial Slavery, and supports a non-government organization by the name of Stop Slavery Stupid. She also has a strong dislike of narcotics, and believes that they should be made illegal in the Empire, at least partially because her mother died from narcotics use.
Meet the Powers – Aisling Duval
In this new series, exclusive to GalNet, the popular political commentator Marcus Macmillan looks at some of the movers and shakers in 3301. In this first article he examines the life of the popular darling of Imperial politics: Princess Aisling Duval.
Aisling Duval is Prince Harold’s eldest child, but has gained a substantial following on her merits. She appears to be a canny operator, although many would argue that her advisors provide her with a veneer of acumen. She is young at only 25, and very visible in the media. Her claim to the throne is technically nullified by the fact that her parents were not married, but her claim is no weaker than some of the other contenders.
The people’s princess (as she is sometimes known) is extremely popular with many citizens, clients and patrons. She regularly appears on lightweight chat shows, but tends to avoid anything where she might have to face tough questions.
At heart Aisling is a populist, taking many of her views from the public mood. She splits her time between managing her brand from Cemiess, and spending time with her father in Achenar. Her mother died of a drugs overdose when she was young which, combined with her father’s unfortunate legacy from a hedonistic life, has left Aisling with a passion for helping those whose lives have taken a turn for the worse.
Despite her youth, she enjoys considerable support from the people and also from elements who would benefit from shaking up Imperial society.
Senator Denton Patreus was seen numerous times in public with socialite and Princess Aisling Duval. They're rumored to have a romantic relationship. On 20 March 3301 they were spotted together on Faece. They walked hand in hand and went shopping for three hours in the Faece fashion halls. They were accompanied by a big entourage of followers and protected by security. Afterward they retired on Patreus' ship for a light dinner.
During the week of 12 March 3301, Senator Patreus and Aisling Duval were spotted together at various popular nightspots in Capitol. They refused to confirm their relationship to reporters thus far.
"Denton Patreus and Aisling Duval were spotted grabbing dinner in Capitol late last night at the very exclusive pop-up restaurant, Fodder. The Empire's favourite power couple appeared to have a good time, with the pair polishing off several bottles of Chateau De Aegaeon during the course of their three-hour meal." 13 APR 3301
"Denton Patreus and Aisling Duval were spotted in attendance at ‘A Dinner to Defeat Dementia’ in Capitol last night. The Empire’s favourite power couple spent several hours mingling with Senators, CEOs and a few of the charity’s lucky patrons, before dazzling the crowd with a rather energetic display on the dance floor." 22 APR 3301 
18 JAN 3304
- Aisling Duval announced plans to fund a peacekeeping operation in the Guuguyni system. The operation's primary purpose is to neutralise an illegal slave-trading ring in the region.
27 OCT 3303
- Aisling Duval commented on the discovery of multiple abandoned Intergalactic Naval Reserve Arm outposts, saying she was sickened by the way INRA experimented with weapons on live Thargoids, and further claiming that INRA may have exaggerated the Thargoid threat to garner support for its military programme.
06 OCT 3301
- Aisling Duval offered her support to the Senate decision to declare Senator Arissa Lavigny-Duval the new Emperor.
04 OCT 3301
- Agents of the Imperial Guard and IISS arrested several members of Chancellor Anders Blaine's staff. Blaine said that Princess Aisling Duval's accusation that his staff had links to Emperor's Dawn were true, that members of his staff had been involved in slander against her, and that he took all responsibility and apologised.
02 OCT 3301
- In Aisling Duval's own investigation into her advisor Patron Damon Clarke's links to Emperor's Dawn, she revealed that some of Chancellor Anders Blaine's past advisors were connected to the same members of Emperor's Dawn. She did not release her evidence, and Blaine denied all knowledge of any connection.
28 SEP 3301
- The Imperial Herald's report of connections between Princess Aisling Duval's office and Emperor's Dawn had a severe impact on her rating, and may have had an impact on her standing with the Senate.
21 SEP 3301
- Following remarks by Senator Denton Patreus the previous day, Chancellor Anders Blaine confirmed there would be an investigation into the claimed links between Princess Aisling Duval's office and Emperor's Dawn. The hunt for Patron Damon Clarke, believed by some to have fled the Empire, continued, with some of his associates arrested and questioned.
19 SEP 3301
- Aisling Duval released a statemant, saying it came as a "bitter surprise" to learn that any of her "trusted advisors could have conducted business with the animals that murdered the Emperor." She said she would undertake her own investigation into the matter. The whereabouts of Patron Damon Clarke were unknown.
18 SEP 3301
- The Imperial Herald published details of alleged links between backers of Aisling Duval and those funding Emperor's Dawn, the rebel group behind the assassination of Emperor Hengist Duval. Patron and industrialist Damon Clarke's company D and C Shipping, Inc. apparently funded and shipped weapons to people now known to be members of Emperor's Dawn.
11 SEP 3301
- At a charity event where several dozen slaves were freed, Aisling Duval spoke out about the succession, and claimed to be the natural heir. Her attempt to gloss over the legality of her claim sparked angry rebuttals from legal experts and the camps of the other likely candidates.
29 JUL 3301
It seems peculiar that as the closest living relative of our beloved Emperor, I am not involved in the process of selecting his successor. It is even stranger that there is a process at all - after all, I am the natural heir.
— Princess Aisling Duval
- In an alleged secret recording of a conversation with one of her aides, Princess Aisling Duval questioned the convenience of the Emperor's recovery and the motives of Senator Anders Blaine and others close to the Emperor. An aide of Senator Blaine said an investigation would be carried out. Aisling Duval said the recording was clearly a fabrication and that she would never say "the despicable things portrayed in this horrid fantasy."
22 May 3301
How is this possible? Am I not the most beloved person in the Empire? This is clear manoeuvring to make sure that Arissa becomes the heir. I can see her annoyingly haughty expression now. That Blaine thinks she will let him carry on doing what he wants.
— Alleged recording of Princess Aisling Duval
- The People’s Princess made an appearance in Cemiess late last night to attend the opening of Emerald’s newest art installation, ‘Prism’s Shades’, a multi-sensory experience that uses experimental light and sound projection technology to stimulate a series of empathic responses from its audience. Aisling dazzled crowds by dressing in a long-sleeved ruby red evening gown, adorned with painite sparkles. She accessorised with an equally stunning tinted visor, fashionably stamped with Aisling’s personal crest.
08 APR 3301
- Stop Slavery Stupid and Aisling Duval lost the slavery public support challenge to Senator Zemina Torval's pro-Imperial slavery side. They managed to free 1,149,756 Imperial Slaves, but the Imperial Slavers Association received 2,387,567 Unregulated Slaves for retraining.
01 APR 3301
- Stop Slavery Stupid and Aisling Duval's idealogical differences with Senator Zemina Torval came to a head with a public support challenge. Zemina Torval and the Imperial Society would buy unregulated slaves to turn them into Imperial slaves. Stop Slavery Stupid would accept donations of Imperial slaves with the intention of freeing them. If Aisling won, Torval would free all the slaves bought in the course of the challenge. If Torval won, Aisling would take on a personal contingent of Imperial Slaves for no less than one year.
06 MAR 3301
- On the Empire’s most-watched reality stream show, Celebrity Pets, Aising Duval made a passionate outburst on the topic of Imperial slavery. She said that the animals on the show, and those in Senator Zemina Torval's personal zoo, were better treated than Imperial slaves. In support of her rhetoric, Stop Slavery Stupid announced a new temporary program of Imperial Slave emancipation and rehabilitation.
08 JAN 3301
- Aisling appeared on the popular show “A fireside chat with Serena” and talked about her views on narcotics, and why they should be banned. Her mother died of narcotic use before Aisling was old enough to remember her. When asked about her father, she spoke out against Emperor Hengist Duval and the network cut the broadcast.
19 DEC 3300
Oh Serena. He was led astray in his youth, but Dad is a lovely man, and would make a great Emperor if his controlling father wasn’t so spiteful.
— Princess Aisling Duval
- Her father Harold Duval was declared "not sound of mind" by his father, Emperor Hengist Duval. This removed his claim to the throne, and hence Aisling's after him, meaning there was no clear successor.
18 DEC 3300
- Appeared to speak for her father, the heir of the Emperor, against Imperial Slavery.
Progress is what the Empire needs to remain as the beacon of civilisation.
— Princess Aisling Duval
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Meet the Powers – Aisling Duval
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The People’s Princess Speaks
- ↑ Arissa Lavigny is the Daughter of the Emperor
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Senate Declares Arissa Lavigny-Duval Emperor
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 It’s Time to Stop Slavery Stupid
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Aisling Duval Talks Narcotics
- ↑ In-Game Description of Cemiess
- ↑ Meet the Powers – Aisling Duval
- ↑ http://galnetarchive.blogspot.com/2015/05/patreus-and-princess.html
- ↑ http://galnetarchive.blogspot.com/2015/05/senator-steps-out-with-socialite.html
- ↑ https://community.elitedangerous.com/en/galnet/uid/6de342c254bcc3a50532283984f74bb156eef9f7
- ↑ https://community.elitedangerous.com/en/galnet/uid/331eae00fdef9d34dca0f4b3a38fb32bec11a5c3
- ↑ GalNet: Eliminating Slavers in Guuguyni
- ↑ Galactic News: Analysis from the Galaxy’s Most Powerful
- ↑ Chancellor Anders Blaine Issues Statement
- ↑ Scandal Rocks Chancellor Anders Blaine
- ↑ Senator Arissa Lavigny-Duval Gains More Powerful Support
- ↑ Senator Patreus Calls for Senate Investigation, Chancellor Blaine Confirms Senate Investigation
- ↑ Aisling Duval Issues Statement
- ↑ Did Aisling Duval Know About Emperor’s Dawn?
- ↑ Aisling Duval Questions Convenience of Emperor’s Recovery
- ↑ Aisling Opens Art Installation on Emerald
- ↑ In the Emperor’s Name
- ↑ Aisling’s Angels Challenge the Senator’s Slavers
- ↑ Heir to the Throne Officially Mad
- ↑ Celebrity Daughter of Heir Declares Slavery Dishonourable