|Occupation||Senator and Chancellor|
|Relations||Friend of Hengist Duval|
In 3301, during the Imperial succession period, Blaine was considered the strongest candidate for the throne. However, the revelation of his indirect connection to Emperor's Dawn left Princess Aisling Duval and Senator Arissa Lavigny-Duval as the most convincing contenders. Blaine gave his support to Arissa Lavigny-Duval to become the new Emperor.
06 AUG 3301
- Official Period of Mourning Begins After Emperor Hengist Duval's death, Chancellor Anders Blaine held a press conference in front of the entrance to the Hall of Martyrs and declared the beginning of the official period of mourning for Emperor Hengist Duval: “It is my solemn duty to officially mark the first day of the four-week period of mourning for our beloved Emperor. As is customary, the body of the Emperor will be placed in the vestibule of the Hall of Martyrs for public viewing and the paying of respect.”
02 OCT 3301
- Scandal Rocks Chancellor Anders Blaine. Princess Aisling revealed that some of Chancellor Anders Blaine's past advisors were connected to the same members of Emperor's Dawn as Patron Damon Clarke. However, she has not yet released evidence of the connections. Chancellor Anders Blaine denied all knowledge of any connection, and refused to comment further.
05 OCT 3301
- Imperial Succession Vote in Senate Today. Chancellor Blaine was considered the strongest candidate for the throne, particularly given the deadlock between Princess Aisling Duval and Senator Arissa Lavigny-Duval. But the recent revelation of his indirect connection to Emperor's Dawn leaves the two women as the most convincing contenders. The Princess's chances were dealt a blow by the revelation of her own connections to Emperor's Dawn. With Senator Lavigny-Duval receiving public support from Senators Patreus and Torval, some believe she has an advantage.
06 OCT 3301
- Senate Declares Arissa Lavigny-Duval Emperor. Chancellor Blaine announced the Senate's decision on the Emperor's succession to be Arissa Lavigny-Duval with a clear majority vote.
04 FEB 3302
- Empire to Retake Facece. The Facece system is the second most important system in Imperial space. It was occupied by an independent faction known as the Allied Facece Order. When pressed on the issue by Colm Tornquist of the Imperial Herald, Blaine announced plans to retake the system:"I apologise for what some have perceived as a lack of alacrity. I know the Imperial people are eager to see these opportunists removed from Imperial space, but it was essential that we plan our operation carefully to minimise the danger to the people of Facece. Now the planning is over, and order will soon be restored. I implore the people of Facece to remain calm. And to the Allied Facece Order I say this: your days are numbered."
- ↑ Tourist Beacon 0155
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Imperial Succession Vote in Senate Today
- ↑ https://community.elitedangerous.com/en/galnet/uid/560900419657ba303058f74b
- ↑ https://community.elitedangerous.com/galnet/uid/55c31f5a9657bac2700d630d
- ↑ https://community.elitedangerous.com/galnet/uid/560e4bbb9657baf71746f4ee
- ↑ https://community.elitedangerous.com/en/galnet/uid/561397259657ba7007435572
- ↑ https://community.elitedangerous.com/en/galnet/uid/56b362d59657ba0664c00374