|Relations||Hengist Duval - (Biological father)|
Florence Lavigny - (Mother)
Aristide de Lavigny - (Father)
Harold Duval - (Half-brother)
Aisling Duval - (Niece)
Lucius Lavigny - (Second cousin)
|Command Capital||5958 CC|
Together we are stronger than those who wish to seek to tear us down.
— Senator Lavigny-Duval
Arissa Lavigny-Duval is the 16th and current reigning Emperor of the Empire since 18 October 3301. She has a reputation for tackling hard issues head on. Her political platform is built on honour, and she has a focus on tackling corruption. She is the biological daughter of late emperor Hengist Duval and half-sister of Harold Duval.
Meet the Powers – Arissa Lavigny-Duval
Continuing this GalNet exclusive series, political commentator Marcus Macmillan writes his opinion of some of the movers and shakers in 3301. In this second article he looks at one of the most respected women in Imperial politics: Senator Arissa Lavigny-Duval.
Arissa Lavigny-Duval’s success as a senator often eclipses the fact that as the daughter of the late Prince Aristide de Lavigny, she is also a princess by birth. It says much of her character that she prefers to represent herself with her achievements rather than just her bloodline. In Imperial politics, of course, having the right bloodline is also an asset and she is astute enough to make use of it when she needs to.
In popularity she rivals Princess Aisling Duval, partly because she is happy to tackle hard issues head on. Her primary platform is one of honour and she devotes much of her attention to tackling corruption. She is a familiar face in the Imperial Court and her views often reflect those of the Emperor. The planned wedding between Emperor Hengist Duval and her mother, Florence Lavigny, will secure her position as next in line if anything should befall the Emperor.
22 OCT 3301
- In a statement, the Emperor expressed her gratitude to those who had delivered gifts of slaves to Dawes Hub for her.
21 OCT 3301
I am delighted with the reaction to my appeal. The fact that pilots affiliated with the Federation and Alliance responded to my request fills me with hope for a future of peaceful exchange and cooperation.
— Emperor Arissa Lavigny-Duval
- Emperor Arissa Lavigny-Duval denounced Emperor's Dawn as enemies of the Empire, and praised Senator Denton Patreus's handling of the fight against them.
18 OCT 3301
- Arissa Lavigny-Duval was crowned Emperor in a ceremony at the Imperial Palace, on Capitol in the Achenar system.
15 OCT 3301
This is a day I cannot compare to any other. The trust my fellow senators have shown in me makes me all the more determined to overcome the challenges we will surely face in the coming weeks and months. For too long we have suffered from uncertainty in the wake of the Emperor's death. I had the great fortune to talk with the late Emperor in his final days, and to learn how he planned to strengthen the Empire in these times of change. In the coming weeks, I will announce the formation of my government and my plans to tackle the threats facing the Empire. But for now I will enjoy this moment and express my gratitude to the Empire and everyone, from slave to senator, for this opportunity to serve.
— Emperor Arissa Lavigny-Duval, after her coronation
- In a more "inclusive" version of the tradition of Imperial citizens bestowing gifts upon their new Emperor, Arissa Lavigny-Duval announced that she would accept gifts of slaves from any citizen of the galaxy. Those not already Imperial slaves would be reclassified as such, almost certainly improving their quality of life. The permit restriction for access to Achenar would be lifted for the duration of the appeal, and its success would result in a temporary discount and loosening of sales restrictions on Imperial ships.
06 OCT 3301
- After a Senate vote, Arissa Lavigny-Duval was declared Emperor.
15 SEP 3301
- After a day at the Senate, Senator Arissa Lavigny-Duval answered some questions from reporters. She said that what the Empire needed was stability and continuity, and that Hengist Duval had shared with her his plans for the Empire to build on its strengths of justice and tradition. "I consider it my duty to make sure that his vision becomes a reality." When asked if she considered herself his heir, she replied:
05 AUG 3301
The decision of who will become Emperor is in the hands of the Senate. There are many suitable candidates, and I am honoured to be among them. Whether or not I am crowned, I will continue to work toward the future that Hengist Duval shared with me.
— Senator Arissa Lavigny-Duval
- Just before the wedding that would have legitimised Arissa, Hengist Duval was stabbed by a member of the congregation. He died en route to a medical facility.
02 APR 3301
- Following an attempted assassination of the Emperor by unknown parties, Princess Arissa Lavigny-Duval made a public address on the steps of the Imperial Palace.
22 DEC 3300
Honoured citizens of the Empire, my Imperial brothers and sisters, I come before you today not as a Princess or as a Senator, but as a concerned daughter of this nation. In our father’s long absence, certain undesirable elements have sought to usurp the right and just laws which govern our civilisation. Through their dishonourable actions they seek to unravel the delicate threads that bind us together as a great and unified society. The house of Duval will not allow the madness of the few to undo everything that we have struggled so long to achieve. I swear to you, brothers and sisters, mothers and fathers, the Emperor’s protection will stand. You will not live in fear of hunger, of sickness, of weakness or shame. Enemies of the Imperial court beware. This is your one warning. You will not get another
— Princess Arissa Lavigny-Duval
- Her biological father, Hengist Duval, and her mother, Florence Lavigny, announced their plan to get married. This would make her next in line to the throne once the ceremony had taken place. Arissa Lavigny declared that she would change her last name to "Duval".
20 DEC 3300
- Arissa Lavigny declared that Prince Aristide Lavigny wasn't her actual father, and that she was the illegitimate daughter of Emperor Hengist Duval. This would put her claim to the throne above Aisling Duval's.
Building a future through the rule of law
— Senator Arissa Lavigny-Duval
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Arissa Lavigny-Duval Crowned Emperor
- ↑ Meet the Powers – Arissa Lavigny-Duval
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Arissa Lavigny is the Daughter of the Emperor
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Meet the Powers – Arissa Lavigny-Duval
- ↑ Emperor Arissa Lavigny-Duval Expresses Gratitude
- ↑ The Emperor Denounces Emperor's Dawn
- ↑ Gifts for the New Emperor
- ↑ Senate Declares Arissa Lavigny-Duval Emperor
- ↑ Senator Arissa Lavigny-Duval Calls Impromptu Press Conference
- ↑ Emperor Hengist Duval Dead
- ↑ Imperial Assassination Attempt Foiled Princess Arissa Addresses the Nation
- ↑ Emperor To Marry Sweetheart
|Preceded by||Title||Succeeded by|