|Brendan Paul Darius|
|Occupation||Patreus's Liason Team, Patron|
Brendan Paul Darius was a high ranking official within the Empire, in the employ of Senator Denton Patreus. He was from Eotienses and served in the military for two decades before becoming a member of one of Patreus's liason teams.
He was a member of Senator Patreus's party attending Emperor Hengist Duval's wedding to Florence Lavigny. Darius was killed by the Emperor's Guard after fatally wounding the Emperor with a concealed blade. It was revealed later that he did so on behalf of Emperor's Dawn.
23 AUG 3301
- Chancellor Anders Blaine announced that Brendan Paul Darius, the man who killed the Emperor, was not working alone. An investigation into the retaliatory murders of Darius's family had discovered encrypted data files, which revealed the existence of an "ultra-traditionalist movement" named Emperor's Dawn.
16 AUG 3301
- Darius's immediate family, including his mother, father, sister and six year old niece, were found brutally murdered.
11 AUG 3301
- The Imperial Herald released an article about Darius, delving into his history. He had a wealthy upbringing in Eotienses, and was educated in history and ethics. He served as an officer on one of Patreus's Majestic class Interdictors, rising to the rank of Captain. After two decades of military service, he entered Patreus's civilian staff and became a patron. The article left unanswered the question of why such a loyal man would assassinate his Emperor.
10 AUG 3301
- In response to the taunts of a crowd, Senator Patreus expressed his shame and disappointment at what had happened, and said the full resources of his office were available to aid the investigation. There was speculation as to whether Darius was working alone or on behalf of another party.
09 AUG 3301
The notion that I might somehow be linked with the murder of our most loved Emperor is offensive. It does bring dishonour and shame upon me that a man in my employ could perform such a heinous act, but it was certainly done without my knowledge. The thought that I allowed such a man near his august presence torments me.
— Senator Denton Patreus
- An independent newsfeed from the Tulill system, Russell Networks, leaked footage that seemed to show the assassination, although Chancellor Blaine refused to comment on its veracity. It showed what appeared to be Darius lunging from Patreus's group as the Emperor passes and stabbing him multiple times before being taken down by a guard. Various members of Patreus's group, including Senator Patreus, tried to stop him.
07 AUG 3301
- Chancellor Blaine announced that the assassin had been identified as Brendan Paul Darius. Darius "killed the Emperor in a savage attack using a concealed blade". His motive was unknown.
05 AUG 3301
- News spread that Emperor Hengist Duval was attacked by a high ranking official during the wedding ceremony. The assailant was killed.
- Chancellor Blaine confirmed that the Emperor died en route to a medical facility after being stabbed by a member of the congregation. The Chancellor wouldn't provide details about the attacker.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Emperor Hengist Duval Attacked During Wedding
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Patreus Reacts Angrily to Crowd’s Taunts
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 What Sort of Man Can Kill an Emperor?
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Chancellor Blaine Issues Statement
- ↑ Frontline Report: The War against Emperor’s Dawn
- ↑ Emperor’s Killer Not Working Alone?
- ↑ Assassin’s Family Brutally Murdered
- ↑ Leaked Footage of Emperor’s Assassination
- ↑ Emperor Hengist Duval Dead