Points of Interest (POIs) are random encounters on the surface of planets and moons. They are not always persistent.
They can be sought out in two ways:
- Using the Wave Scanner of an SRV.
- Flying a Ship at around 2 km above the surface. Blue circles on the scanner display mark areas which contain a Point of Interest. These fade out below 2km, vanishing fully at about 1.5km. Unless you spot the point of interest visually, it is best to land and switch to an SRV to use the Wave Scanner to finish tracking it down.
If there is a trespass zone marked in red on the scanner display, lingering in it for too long will trigger the hostility of the skimmers. If the POI is in an area ruled by law and the skimmers don't have bounties, lingering in the trespass zone can also give fines and bounties.
Types of Point of InterestEdit
- Ship wreckage. If any Cargo Canisters or Occupied Escape Pods survived the ship's destruction, they count as legal Salvage. A Cargo Rack containing Materials may be present too.
- SRV and Skimmer wreckage. If there are any cargo canisters or occupied escape pods, they count as legal salvage.
- Cargo cache. Unclaimed cargo canisters, legal salvage for anyone who retrieves them.
- Buildings and a cargo cache.
- Buildings and Automated Mining Extractors. Guarded by Defence Turrets in addition to skimmers.
- Buildings and a lone Data point.
- Crashed Nav Beacon, which can be scanned as a data point.
- Crashed probe, which can be scanned as a data point.
- ↑ Has anyone found something similar? It doesn't even look like a thing from ED period - EliteDangerous
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Points of Interest"
The following 25 pages are in this category, out of 25 total.