The Corrosion Resistant Cargo Rack (CRCR) is a unique Cargo Rack that can be used to safely transport corrosive objects such as Thargoid Sensors, Thargoid Probes, Thargoid Links, and Thargoid Interceptor Tissue Samples without accumulating damage to the player's ship. They were created using a new material developed by Professor Lea Tantaga from Meta-Alloys.
Specialised storage rack for use in automated cargo transfer system that can resist the effects of corrosive cargo.
— In-Game Description
Class 1 modules are exclusively sold at Palin Research Centre on planet A 3 A in Maia, which can only be accessed after gaining an invitation from the Engineer Professor Palin. Class 4 modules can be unlocked through a Human Technology Broker, and are then available for purchase at any station where a Human Technology Broker is present.
- 1E and 1F Corrosion Resistant Cargo Racks were created via an 8-tier Community Goal. Higher-capacity versions of the module were potential rewards in the CG, but only tier 4 was unlocked when the CG concluded. At the time, the only use Corrosion Resistant Cargo Racks had was for transporting Thargoid Sensors (then labeled "Unknown Artefacts") to sell at blackmarkets. Larger 4E Corrosion Resistant Cargo Racks were later added by Beyond Chapter One (3.0). On November 29, 2018, the deleterious effects of selling Thargoid Sensors were removed, allowing Thargoid commodities to be legally sold at station markets and increasing the viability of Corrosion Resistant Cargo Racks as a tool for traders.
See also Edit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Community Goal: Neutralising the Unknown Artefact Threat
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Galactic News: Meta-Alloys Appeal Comes to an End
- ↑ /r/EliteCG: Neutralising the Unknown Artefact Threat (Horizons Required)
- ↑ GalNet: Thargoid-Sensor Disruption Neutralised
- ↑ Frontier Forums: Removal of 'UA Bombing'