- Main article: Unidentified Signal Source
Degraded Emissions are a type of signal source, and are one of the most common signal types found anywhere. Even unpopulated systems will occasionally spawn Degraded Emissions.
Signal Contents Edit
Degraded Emissions can generate different content:
- A debris field resulting from a ship's destruction, containing any of the following:
- Several commodities (usually salvage like escape pods, technical blueprints, rebel transmissions etc…), and/or several Very Common, Common, and Standard Manufactured Materials. In Anarchy systems, identified with threat level 3, pirate ships will appear and attack you.
- Search and Rescue (SAR) ships. The SAR ships will proceed to scoop any cargo present.
- A Private Data Beacon and several Very Common, Common, and Standard Manufactured Materials.
- Escape pods or survey data caches. These usually appear in uninhabited systems and away from the bubble. Large and small survey data caches consume the same amount of cargo space (1T), and only differ in their value.
- Unknown Probe. These only spawn in the sphere of influence around Ammonia planets near the Pleiades Nebula. They are identified with threat level 2, but do not contain any hostiles.
Spawn Locations Edit
Threat Level Edit
0 - 3