The Farragut Battle Cruiser is the mainstay capital ship of the Federation. Heavily armed with classified weaponry, the Farragut stretches over two kilometres long. The backbone of the Federal Navy, it also forms the central core of the Federation Intervention fleet.
The official The Art of Elite Dangerous art book describes the Farragut:
"In contrast to the opulence of the Empire’s Majestic Class Interdictor, the Federation’s capital ships are brutal, practical war machines inside and out." 
"Airtight doors split the interior into many separate compartments. Grab-handles abound, as do access panels and all the paraphernalia of a military vessel. There would be no mistaking a Federal ship’s interior with an Imperial one."
According to David Braben "There will be no gravity, you'll just float around. Things like magnetic boots will make getting around very easy. These would look like normal shoes with fancy technology that make them stick to the surface." "The Federal ship is a lot more Spartan, a lot more just practical warship essentially." "The Federal ship's central section, with design, one of the design briefs we've had is try to design ships with functions in mind. In the Federal ship it's utility that's important. The reason its got this central corridors is this is where ships come out of their hangars. It's to try and protect the hangars from outside. So the reason they face inward and the ships fly out you know they're already up to speed. That would be very heavily protected potentially with shields around it." 
Core Dynamics Farragut-Class Battlecruisers represent the cutting edge in military technology. A single FCB can carry several squadrons of Federal Fighters and multiple Federal Corvettes across hundreds of light years without any difficulty. These deep deployment capabilities, coupled with extraordinarily heavy firepower, practically guarantee that a single FBC will completely overpower all but the most well-equipped opponents.
|Dimensions:||Length: 2040m, Width: 806m, Height: 300m|
|Ships Carried:||Several squadrons of Federal Fighters and multiple Federal Corvettes|
|Range:||Deep deployment capabilities|
|Name||Last known location||Date of sighting||Notes|
|FNS Ajax||Pleiades Sector RO-Q b5-0||Sept. 28, 3302|
|FNS Alacrity||Pleiades Sector JC-U b3-2||Dec. 17, 3302|
|FNS Angelos||Procyon||Aug. 28, 3302|
|FNS Andromeda||CC Eri||Mar. 14, 3303|
|FNS Arethusa||Caraswang||Feb. 4, 3303|
|FNS Bellerophon||Merope 5C||Nov. 28, 3302|
|FNS Boxer||Merope 2A||Apr. 14, 3303|
|FNS Centaur||Potriti||Sept. 27, 3303|
|FNS Conquerer||LTT 15985||July 17, 3303|
|FNS Curagous||Col Sector YF-M C8-8||Feb. 3, 3303|
|FNS Damocles||Luluwala||Aug, 4 3303|
|FNS Dauntless||CC Eri||Mar. 14, 3303|
|FNS Europa||Pleiades Sector IH-V c2-16||Dec. 29, 3302|
|FNS Euryalus||HIP 46903 3||Oct. 31, 3303|
|FNS Farragut||Pleiades Sector IH-V C2-16||Sept. 22, 3302|
|FNS Formidable||V773 Casiopeiae||July 11, 3303|
|FNS Gellan||Ho Hsi||Sept. 21, 3303||Named for Federal President Isaac Gellan|
|FNS Glory||Gato||Nov. 4, 3303|
|FNS Goliath||19 Phi-2 Ceti AB 2||Mar. 6, 3303|
|FNS Hawke||Merope||Jan. 6, 3303|
|FNS Hercules||HR 6067||Aug. 15, 3303|
|FNS Hunter||Huokang||May 27, 3303|
|FNS Indomitable||Potriti||Sept. 28, 3303|
|FNS Inflexible||Jardovici||Oct. 28, 3302|
|FNS Invincible||Jardovici||Oct. 28, 3302|
|FNS Iris||Merope||Mar. 24, 3303|
|FNS Kracer||Mu Koji||Sept. 10, 3302||Named for Admiral Kracer, who led a Federation force that liberated New California from the Empire in 2854|
|FNS Leviathan||Huokang||May 26, 3303|
|FNS Liberator||Merope||Dec. 29, 3302|
|FNS Medusa||ETA-1 Pictoris 6||Oct. 15, 3302|
|FNS Mercury||Huokang||May 26, 3303|
|FNS O'Brien||HIP 46903 3||Oct. 31, 3303||Named for Admiral O'Brien, who led the Federation's forces in the war against the Empire over control of Emerald in Tau Ceti in 3101|
|FNS Perseus||Maia||Mar. 11, 3303|
|FNS Pioneer||HR 6067||Aug. 12, 3303|
|FNS Resolution||Pleiades Sector RO-Q b5-0||Dec. 29, 3302|
|FNS Royal Oak|
|FNS Spartan||LP 790-29||Jan. 10, 3303|
|FNS Stalker||Sol||Dec. 7, 3302|
|FNS Starship One||Sol||Oct. 29, 3302||The personal ship of the Federal President|
|FNS Striker||Sol||Oct. 29, 3302|
|FNS Surprise||Antliae Sector DL-Y C4||May 17, 3303|
|FNS Trander||Lugh||Named for Federal President Loric Trander|
|FNS Warspite||HIP 46903 3||Oct. 31, 3303|
|Usiren||Nov. 11, 3303|
- All Farragut Battle Cruisers appear to share the registration tag of FDN-RD5.
- The Farragut Battle Cruiser cannot be destroyed by reducing its hull to 0%.
- After destroying all of the Faragut's Heat Relays the ship will escape from battle by activating its Frame Shift Drive.
- Routing the Farragut awards the player 150,000 CR.
- Capital Ships have an exclusion zone. Flying too close to a Capital Ship is considered a threat and will make you a target, even if you are friendly. The Capital Ship will often inform you when you are getting close, telling you to back off.
- A Farragut is stationed above Earth in the Sol system, perhaps as a permanent post. It does not maintain an exclusion zone for friendlies.
- They can also be found at Capital Ship Docks
- ↑ Official The Art of Elite Dangerous art book, August 17 2016
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4-gyDLRMXg&t=219
- ↑ http://galnetarchive.blogspot.com/2015/05/core-dynamics-completes-work-on-new.html
- ↑ Data taken from Tourist Spot Beacon 0119, Alioth system
- ↑ Data taken from Tourist Spot Beacon 0148, Tau Ceti system
- ↑ MercenaryThorrn's twitch broadcast @04:30:00
- ↑ MercenaryThorrn's twitch broadcast @04:46:00
Ships by type
|Flight Operations Carrier||