The Galactic Plane is where most of the mass of the galaxy is located. It's 100,000 light-years across and only 1,000 light-years thick with stars and other celestials.
High Points in the Galaxy Edit
None of these require a super long jump range by today's standards (55 LY plus the neutron boost) but you do need to be able to do those jumps whilst carrying enough fuel to get there and back again since there are no options to refuel.
Systeia Aub BA-A g12 Edit
The system Systeia Aub BA-A g12 is +3173.375 light years above the galactic plane. It can be reached using this route:
- Systeia Aub KR-W e1-11 (neutron star)
- 137.79 LY jump to Systeia Aub BA-A g11 (black hole with secondary NS)
- 211.43 LY jump to Systeia Aub BA-A g10 (black hole and neutron star)
- 218.27 LY jump to Systeia Aub BA-A g12 (2 x BH and a NS)
Low Points in the Galaxy Edit
Syrumbi YE-A g4 Edit
The system Syrumbi YE-A g4 is -3216.875 light years below the galactic plane. It can be reached using this route:
- Syrumbi IC-U e3-4 (neutron star)
- 219.22 LY jump to Syrumbi YE-A g7 (black hole & 2 x neutron star)
- 169.24 LY jump to Syrumbi YE-A g8 (BH & 3 x NS)
- 199.93 LY jump to Syrumbi YE-A g4 (BH & NS)
HIP 13044 Edit
CMDR Halosos went to HIP 13044 which is 17,000 light years below the galactic plane, outside the galaxy. It's lower than the PSR systems and normally inaccessible. He was teleported there by Frontier for his birthday present during beta 2.1.
Furthest Points in the Galaxy Edit
Beagle Point Edit
Beagle Point is located 65,279 light years away from Sol. This is more than twice the distance from Sol to Sagittarius A*. There aren't further systems to jump to in a 33ly Asp. The Milky Way there is a shiny band in the distance, too far off to see the dust clouds.
OEVASY SG-Y D0 Edit
OEVASY SG-Y D0 (Ishum's Reach) is one of the systems that's furthest from the galactic plane. It's 65647.34 light years from Sol. The planet furthest from the system is 9F, also known as Salomé's Reach.
- ↑ https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/354119-Highest-point-in-the-Galaxy
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/4jbr7p/today_is_my_birthday_and_i_thought_i_would_go_out/