Graphics mods change the way the game looks with various methods like post-processing.
ReShade is an advanced, fully generic post-processing injector for games and video software developed by crosire. Imagine your favorite game with ambient occlusion, real depth of field effects, color correction and more ... ReShade exposes an automated and generic way to access both frame color and depth information (latter is automatically disabled during multiplayer to prevent exploitation) and all the tools to make it happen.
- EDFX (by SkyPat) - EDFX add FX graphics effects to games using ReShade Shader Framework and manage Hud color. It's a premade Reshade profile with its own launcher and some other options.
- ICO_hr's preset - 3 versions of the same preset: ReShade, SweetFX and GemFX
- Rob Viguurs's preset - The idea of this Reshade was to make it having a fresh look with a tint for real color tones and sharpness. The biggest effect with this is that the yellow washed out screen is gone.
- RootsExplo (by rootsrat) - This ReShade preset gives Elite a more cinematic look, with better colours and sharpened image, however without exaggeration.
- Dark/Colourful Reshade preset (by Son of the Desert ) - This preset makes the game a lot darker and more colourful and adds a glare effect which might be annoying to some people. You can disable it in the settings under bloom-> glarez.
For installing be careful to always follow the instructions of the preset.
Graphic Tweaks, Dreamscape Feeling & alii Edit
If you don't feel like using an injector like ReShade or SweetFX or EDFX, there's a few tweaks you can do to visually improve your game.. Such as Dreamscape Feeling using Bloom, Dust Clouds and Galaxy Background by TheRealPhyzz, Dust Clouds & Background Nebulae, Nebula Textures by Ozric and Moar Stars In Da Skybox. See this thread for instructions. Do this at your own risk and always make a backup of the GraphicsConfigurationOverride.xml file. If you're unsure what to do, do not try.
The GraphicsConfigurationOverride.xml file is in %appdata%\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Graphics. Remove it, copy the original GraphicsConfiguration.xml there, rename it GraphicsConfigurationOverride.xml. Tweak there. Beware that some tweaks don't work with the Override (galaxy background for example).