The Imperial Navy are the naval force of the Empire. They fight for the Empire in Conflict Zones. As evidenced in Empire vs Empire Minor Faction conflicts, each Empire minor faction has control of part of the Imperial Navy - even rebel groups such as Emperor's Dawn.
- Denton Patreus - Admiral of the Fleet. In recognition of Senator Patreus's victories over Emperor's Dawn, Emperor Arissa Lavigny-Duval promoted him to Admiral of the Fleet, giving him command of the Imperial Navy.
- Varrwen Mako Brennus - Admiral of the Imperial Navy
- Anthony Corvus - General of the Imperial Army
- Admiral Brice - was last known to be in command of the Imperial Interdictor Atticus.
- Marquis Endincite - was commended for the reclamation of the Facece system.
There are fourteen ranks in the Imperial Navy. Highly ranked players are allowed access to special Empire missions and ships, and are granted permits to access restricted systems.
For players to be promoted through the Empire's ranks they must complete missions or other favourable activities with Empire minor factions, and then complete a promotion mission for the Imperial Navy - these are generally named as "Naval Ascension Opportunity" or something similar (as of version 2.1, missions names look like "Imperial Navy Acquisition Contract" or "Courier Job for Imperial Naval Intelligence" or similar, you can find if the mission is a ranking one by looking at the mission details where there will be a "Rank progression" line in the "Additional" section - scroll to the bottom of the details, generally it's the last line).
How much progress one has made toward a rank can be seen in the right HUD panel, in the Reputation section of the Status tab.
There are several types of mission that give Ranks, but Charity Missions are generally viewed as the most useful and fastest. If you cannot find a place to do Charity missions, trading Imperial Slaves for Robigo can increase your rank, although very slowly, and make you a lot of money on the side, as the Faction that issues them are Empire aligned.
(Remember to check which missions come from who, to stop yourself accidentally leveling up, for example, the Alliance.)
Spongiform Victuals have been a staple food of the Imperial military for years. Many have tried to create copies of the nutritious formula, but it seems only to thrive in the vast damp caves of Coquim. The ingredients are a tightly held secret, and some suggest that it contains addictive substances.
- ↑ Galactic News: Denton Patreus Receives Promotion
- ↑ https://community.elitedangerous.com/en/galnet/uid/b529299f96d942232581df0f195d20981816714e
- ↑ https://community.elitedangerous.com/en/galnet/uid/57763e359657babe44d2ca84
- ↑ 1.5 Update
- ↑ In-Game Description