|Occupation||Former President of the Federation|
Advisor to Edmund Mahon
Jasmina Halsey served as the President of the Federation from 3300 until June 2, 3301, when she lost a vote of no-confidence that was called after she disappeared aboard Starship One. Presumed dead for months, she was found alive in her escape pod after her successor, Zachary Hudson, organized a search effort. As of April 3304, Halsey works as an advisor to Alliance Prime Minister Edmund Mahon.
Independent journalist Chukwuma Grant said "Starship One’s destruction transformed Halsey – something that she herself could not possibly have planned. Her subsequent ‘visions’ made her politically toxic, at least as far as the Federation was concerned, allowing her to simply walk away from presidential life. In that escape pod, she escaped from more than an exploding ship – she escaped her previous self. Halsey made extraordinary claims of encountering super-intelligent beings and seeing paradise. Whether she is a visionary, a lunatic or a brilliant political manipulator remains to be seen."
19 APR 3304
- Independent journalist Chukwuma Grant profiles Jasmina Halsey, who has become a become an advisor to Alliance Prime Minister Edmund Mahon.
27 OCT 3303
- Halsey commented on the withdrawal of Federal and Imperial forces from the Pleiades:
I would like to believe that the Federation and Empire have learned from this experience, but I suspect they have not. But I promise you that I will continue to help those affected by such conflicts, for as long as I am able.
20 SEP 3302
- Breaking her silence, Halsey described a vision she experienced:
I saw a place of extraordinary beauty. A paradise. It was truly wonderful. This was no dream – it was a glimpse of something very real. We must find this place. It could be our future.
- The peculiar nature of her "vision" caused some to question if she had fully recovered.
15 JUL 3302
- Halsey was discharged from the Clearwater psychiatric centre, giving the following quote:
 28 APR 3302
I would like to thank the staff of this fine institution for helping me during this troubled time. It's fair to say I haven't quite been myself recently, and I apologise wholeheartedly for any distress I might have caused.
- Halsey issued appeals for exploration data to substantiate claims of super-intelligent beings that she encountered while drifting through space:
 23 MAR 3302
They are out there. I have seen them. We must put aside our petty differences and work together to establish contact. There is so much we could learn from them.
- Halsey was revived from an induced coma.
26 FEB 3302
- Following a search effort for wreckage and escape pods from Starship One, Halsey's pod was among those recovered.
02 JUN 3301
When we started searching for the remains of Starship One it was with the aim of discovering what happened to the ship. I never imagined we would find survivors, and certainly not that one of them would be Jasmina Halsey... The medical team at Leoniceno has described Halsey's condition as critical but stable. It appears her escape pod was damaged and she sustained some injuries, so she's being kept in an induced coma until her wounds have healed. This is likely to take weeks. If her condition changes I will be immediately notified.
— Zachary Hudson, President of the Federation
- Following a vote of no confidence, the missing Jasmina Halsey lost the presidential title. Zachary Hudson became the new President of the Federation.
26 MAY 3301
- Spaceflight One, which President Halsey and Vice President Naylor were on board, went missing after entering hyperspace. Secretary of State Felicia Winters became Acting President.
28 APR 3301
- In an attempt to 'build stronger links' with Federal frontier systems, Halsey announced that she would be undertaking a Presidential tour where she would meet with their leaders and discuss what Sol can do to better support them. Oddly, 78 Ursae Majoris was included in the tour plan, despite it having voted to leave the Federation over a month ago.
25 MAR 3301
- Congress decided to withdraw the Federal Navy from Lugh.
24 MAR 3301
- The Crimson State Group took control of Hartsfield Market in Lugh, the station with the master controls of Lugh’s military defence network. In a debate in Federal Congress, Halsey faced difficult questions from members of both parties over her mishandling of the Federation’s interests such as the ban on onionhead, the loss of frontier systems, and the Lugh war.
23 MAR 3301
- The Federation received false intelligence that Éamonn Uí Laoghire, leader of the Crimson State Group, was aboard an unarmed refugee convoy near Lugh 6. Halsey ordered Federal pilots to attack the convoy. An estimated 9,322 innocent Federal civilians died in the attack. Halsey's approval rating fell to 26% and Shadow President Hudson swore there would be an investigation into the attack.
20 MAR 3301
- Halsey Honours Heroes. Despite the actions of undercover operatives acting on behalf of the Crimson State Group aboard Hartsfield Market, the Federation continues to dominate the skies of Lugh. Today President Halsey honours those heroes who have made the greatest contribution to the war effort. Among them: Lugh’s top gun, Commander Nightwulf, who has managed to singlehandedly remove almost 14,000 enemy combatants from the field of battle. Khaka’s top logistics officer, Commander Darius Torkalar, who has personally shipped in 3000 tonnes of weapons into the area.
19 MAR 3301
- A major blow to Halsey's plan to suppress the rebellion in Lugh came when Core Dynamics further postponed the maiden flight of the FNS Nevermore following an embarrassing systems failure. During a weapons test, its systems opened fire on Hudson Dock instead of the target drone ship. This caused the station to automatically fire back. The result was dozens of deaths and hundreds of millions of credits worth of damage to both structures.
13 MAR 3301
- The independent Crimson State Group took control of Balandin Gateway in Lugh, a Federation system. Halsey declared war on the Crimson State Group, sparking off The War for Lugh. Halsey decided to send the new Farragut Battle Cruiser FNS Nevermore to Lugh for it's maiden flight.
04 FEB 3301
- The Federation withdrew all forces from Kappa Fornacis, after an aid operation. Georgio Algeria was defiant, saying their aid efforts were "just window dressing. They bully us, they burn us, now they try to buy us. Well we ain’t scared and we ain’t for sale. We say what happens on Panem, and we say Onionhead will live on!" 
11 JAN 3301
- To quell calls for her resignation, Halsey gave a carefully worded speech designed to soften the rift between her and Admiral Vincent of the Federal Navy, a friend of Shadow President Hudson.
10 JAN 3301
- Bombing of Panem in the Kappa Fornacis system resumed. Unlike the firebombs of the first Fedaral Navy attack, which caused controversial collateral damage, this attack utilised genetically engineered biocides targeted specifically to destroy the onionhead crop.
06 JAN 3301
- Sales and prices of onionhead reached an all time high. Congressmen were angry at the publicity the drug had received from Halsey's announcements. 'Oniongate' protests continued.
16 DEC 3300
- Halsey declared that the "Onionhead" narcotic would be illegal in Federation space due to her concern about its effect on the Federation's youth.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Zachary Hudson Becomes the New President of the Federation
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Community Goal: The Search for Starship One
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 GalNet: Peace in Her Time: A Profile of Jasmina Halsey
- ↑ Galactic News: Halsey Comments on End of Cold War
- ↑ Galactic News: Halsey Shares Her Vision
- ↑ Galactic News: Jasmina Halsey Discharged
- ↑ Community Goal: Jasmina Halsey Appeals for Exploration Data
- ↑ Galactic News: Jasmina Halsey to be Revived
- ↑ Galnet reports from the day Spaceflight One went missing
- ↑ President Halsey Announces Tour of Frontier Systems Tour of Frontier Systems Set to Begin Shortly
- ↑ Navy Withdraws from Lugh – Fighting Continues
- ↑ Galnet reports from the day Hartsfield Market fell
- ↑ Galnet reports from the day of the strike on the Federal Refugees
- ↑ Halsey Honours Heroes, 20 March 3301
- ↑ The Nevermore Not Ready for Duty
- ↑ Galnet reports from the day Halsey declared war on the Crimson State Group
- ↑ Federation Withdraws from Panem
- ↑ Federal President Clarifies Approach to Onionhead
- ↑ Bombing of Panem Resumes
- ↑ Secret Federal Anger now Onionhead Sales at all Time High
- ↑ Federal President Declares Plant an Illegal Narcotic
|Preceded by||Title||Succeeded by|
|Eventually Antonia Madison||President of the Federation||Zachary Hudson|