|Controlling Faction||Lave Fortune Organisation|
|Economy type||Agriculture (Refinery, Military)|
Lave, originally designated L-453, is one of the Old Worlds and a member of the Alliance. Its navy is a part of the Alliance Defence Force, and is large enough that it holds one of the six seats on the Council of Admirals. Centuries earlier, Lave was also a founding member of the Galactic Cooperative and served as its capital.
Lave is famous for its vast rain forests and the now extinct Lavian tree grub.
— In-Game Description
One of the oldest colonies of the sector, Colonial Deep Space Cruisers Herschel and Oberon reached the system then designated L-453 in 2412. Lave has been a Dictatorship from before the fall of the Galactic Cooperative. In 3174, Dr. Hans Walden came to power.
Dr. Walden established an authoritarian Dictatorship. The previous economic hardships brought about by the fall of the Galactic Cooperative were still remembered. Under Walden there was stability, just not prosperity.
Walden's dictatorship in the post-GalCop decades was a study in the use of propaganda to further the illusion of contentment. The public face of Lave was a progressive culture with an enlightened leadership that was remodeling itself as an independent power in the wake of a corrupt and self-serving organisation that had based itself there. Slowly, though, the populace saw where Walden's policies were leading and began to speak up, only to be quietly dealt with.
Walden's rule was very long and rumoured to involve genetic manipulation as he greatly extended his own life, with his eventual death at the hands of an assassin triggering a revolution. The revolution of 3265 finally saw the end of Walden's reign of terror but saw Lave relegated to a backwater world too wrapped up in its own troubles to amount to anything on the galactic stage. It's importance meant that Lave has become a key tourist venue, with numerous tributes to the GalCop era in terms of museums and artifacts.
Much of the rain forest has now been cut down by irresponsible locals, wishing to raise cattle, and the famous tree grub is now extinct. Unfortunately it was very sensitive to its environment, and all attempts to breed them in captivity failed.
The ecological demonstrations (made up almost entirely by off-worlders) prior to the grubs extinction were almost continuous; so much so that many travelled to Lave regularly on their vacations in order to protest. Indeed, ironically the dictator Dr. Walden once referred to the protesters on a vid interview as "Our thriving tourist industry" and also said "The system's economy depends on them so much so that we cannot afford to stop cutting down the forests!".
Lave's navy is large enough that it is directly represented on the Alliance's Council of Admirals, which commands the Alliance Defence Force. Fleet Admiral Tulimaq Buchanan represented Lave on the Council until his assassination on May 16, 3304 by the League of Reparation. On May 24, Buchanan's vacant seat was filled by the newly-promoted Rear Admiral Riri McAllister, who was given command of Lave's navy.
- Lave (Class K star)
- Workers of Lave Liberals (Alliance, Democracy)
- Lave Incorporated (Alliance, Corporate)
- Lave Jet Family (Independent, Anarchy)
- Social Tionisla Labour (Independent, Democracy)
- Lave Fortune Organisation (Alliance, Corporate)
- Defence Party of Lave (Independent, Dictatorship)
24 MAY 3304
- Commodore Riri McAllister was promoted to Rear Admiral, given command of Lave's navy, and appointed to fill the vacant seat left on the Council of Admirals following Fleet Admiral Buchanan's death.
16 MAY 3304
- Fleet Admiral Tulimaq Buchanan, a member of the Alliance's Council of Admirals, perished when his private ship was attacked and destroyed while en route to a naval ceremony at Lave Station. The League of Reparation claimed responsibility, and Buchanan's family confirmed that he was a descendant of a senior commander of the Intergalactic Naval Reserve Arm who had settled on Lave a century ago.
03 DEC 3301
There is always a demand for fresh data, both within the commercial sector and among the galaxy's various geopolitical entities. On this occasion, the request has been issued on behalf of several private concerns that are in need of accurate, up-to-date information. Any pilots who contribute to this initiative will be generously rewarded
— Explorer's Association spokesperson
- Lave was the starting system for the original Elite game and as such is a popular destination for some pilots in Elite Dangerous.
- Lave 2 has a permit lock in place as per the request of the author of Elite: Lave Revolution, which as yet cannot be acquired. The piece of local news in 3301-08-11 from The Lave Herald titled "Lave II Celebrates Tenth Anniversary" mentions "claims on finding of an abandoned micro colony on Lave II have never been acknowledged by the government, although long-range photographs, released to the Lavian Herald in 3292, did appear to show man-made structures on the surface". Also mentioned in "Lave 2 Expedition Controversy" from 3301-09-21.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Data taken from Tourist Spot Beacon 0236, Lave system
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Data taken from Tourist Spot Beacon 0237, Lave system
- ↑ Data taken from Frontier Elite II Gazetteer
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 GalNet: Commodore McAllister Appointed to Council of Admirals
- ↑ GalNet: Alliance Admiral Murdered By League of Reparation
- ↑ Lave CG - Deliver Exploration Data : EliteDangerous
- ↑ Explorer's Association Appeals for Exploration Data
- ↑ Lave? - Official Forums