|Galactic Average Price||8,437 CR|
|Rare allocation||8 t|
|Location||Harvestport, Kappa Fornacis|
The Onion Head flower is native to HIP 55118, and its seeds contain the well-known psychedelic narcotic. Illegal in most jurisdictions.
— In-Game Description
It is a rare commodity, so increases in value the further it is taken from point of purchase.
Onionhead is the fruit of an alien plant, only grown on Panem in the independent Kappa Fornacis system.
15 DEC 3301
- The Drug Empire of Xelabara has "Onionhead Alpha Strain" for sale.
25 NOV 3301
- The Drug Empire of Xelabara's appeal for Onion Head was successful.
19 NOV 3301
This just goes to show that the demand for onionhead is a strong as ever, despite the Federation's attempts to quash it. I want to say a big thank you to all the traders who made the journey to Xelabara, and to all the pilots who helped clear the pirates from our spaceways. You guys rock!
— Rooney 'Rush' Romero, Drug Empire of Xelabara spokesman
- The Drug Empire of Xelabara issued an appeal for Onion Head at Navigator Market in the Xelabara system, as they intended to start a trade operation. The appeal attracted attention from pirates due to the increased trade trafic, so the Xelebra Republic Party offered to reward any pilots who helped fight back against the pirates. The East India Company, the ruling faction of Harvestport, offered extra free Onion Head outside the station, out of the surplus from their Halloween celebrations.
24 MAY 3301
- The original strain of Onion Head returned to sale in Kappa Fornacis.
04 FEB 3301
- The Federation withdrew all forces from Kappa Fornacis, after an aid operation. Georgio Algeria was defiant, saying their aid efforts were "just window dressing. They bully us, they burn us, now they try to buy us. Well we ain’t scared and we ain’t for sale. We say what happens on Panem, and we say Onionhead will live on!"
24 JAN 3301
- The farmers of Kappa Fornacis helped farmers in Tanmark develop Lucan Onion Head, a genetically altered strain that could grow in harsher environments, in an attempt to fill the demand after the near-destruction of the original strain.
11 JAN 3301
- To quell calls for her resignation over the Onion Head crisis, Halsey gave a carefully worded speech designed to soften the rift between her and Admiral Vincent of the Federal Navy, a friend of Shadow President Hudson.
10 JAN 3301
- Bombing of Panem in the Kappa Fornacis system resumed. Unlike the firebombs of the first Fedaral Navy attack, which caused controversial collateral damage, this attack utilised genetically engineered biocides targeted specifically to destroy the Onion Head crop.
06 JAN 3301
- Sales and prices of Onion Head reached an all time high. Congressmen were angry at the publicity the drug had received from Halsey's announcements. 'Oniongate' protests continued.
16 DEC 3300
- Jasmina Halsey, the President of the Federation, declared that the "Onionhead" narcotic would be illegal in Federation space due to her concern about its effect on the Federation's youth.
- ↑ http://galnetarchive.blogspot.com/2014/12/federal-president-declares-plant.html
- ↑ Onionhead Appeal Successful
- ↑ Faction Issues Appeal for Onion Head
- ↑ Onion Head Appeal Attracts Pirates
- ↑ Calling all couriers! The East India Company needs you to run Onionhead!
- ↑ Securing the Borders in the Ceti Sector
- ↑ Federation Withdraws from Panem
- ↑ Lucan Onionhead Now Cultivated in the Tanmark System
- ↑ Federal President Clarifies Approach to Onionhead
- ↑ Bombing of Panem Resumes
- ↑ Secret Federal Anger now Onionhead Sales at all Time High
- ↑ Federal President Declares Plant an Illegal Narcotic