A pulse laser tuned to affect the electronics of the target ship and cause malfunctions along with reduced damage.
— In-Game Description
The Pulse Disruptor is a Pulse Laser that can cause module malfunction in addition to dealing damage. Module malfunction does not destroy the modules; it simply disables them temporarily. This weapon type is power-specific for Felicia Winters supporters.
This weapon can be purchased once the player has pledged their allegiance to Felicia Winters for 4 or more weeks and has achieved a rating of rank 3 or higher.
- Damage, DPS, and Thermal Load are all based upon the in-game display which is basically an "out of 10" scale thus the values for these segctions should be assumed as approximations.
- Module malfunction does not appear to affect Life Support modules.
- NPCs are seemingly not affected by the module malfunction, much like normal damage-induced malfunction.
- Currently charging FSDs will cancel their charge when successfully disrupted by the lasers.
- Disabling the powerplant will briefly lower its output to 50%, effectively disabling all modules (depends on target's module power priority control) and resetting shield recharge.