|Dimensions||4.8m x4m x2.5m|
|Top Speed||38 m/s|
|Hull Mass||4 t|
|Cargo Capacity||2 t|
The Scarab takes up one vehicle bay in the Planetary Vehicle Hangar. It can move at different speeds on different surfaces. It features working headlights and brake / reverse lights.
On roads in cities the scarab can easily reach a top speed of 38 m/s with 4 ps. On other surfaces the speed is much lower, such as little hills and rocky terrain. Gravity also affects how fast the Scarab can move.
Unlike skimmers, the Scarab is not detectable in a ship. It is possible to detect a scarab while in another scarab. From a distance, the Scarab appears from a ship as a little light moving across the surface.
Combat-wise it is outfitted with a shield and a plasma repeater turret.
- To assist with manoeuvring on low-gravity planets the SRV thrusters produce downforce, resulting in artificially higher gravity than actual gravity. On planets with gravity less than 1G, the SRV's effective gravity is the average of 1G and the actual value. For example, on a 0.2G world the effective gravity will be 0.6G. The lowest possible effective gravity is therefore slightly above 0.5G. On planets above 1G, downforce is not used and the actual gravity value applies.
- Over 92,322,972,771 meters have been driven in SRVs so far as of March 4, 2018.
See Also Edit
- ↑ Elite Dangerous: Horizons - Pre-Order
- ↑ https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/319760-Gravity-on-planets-are-COMPLETELY-WRONG!?p=4981150&viewfull=1#post4981150
- ↑ https://twitter.com/EliteDangerous/status/970282772899254272