|Dimensions||4.8m x4m x2.5m|
|Top Speed||38 m/s|
|Hull Mass||4 t|
|Cargo Capacity||2 t|
The Scarab takes up one vehicle bay in the Planetary Vehicle Hangar. It can move at different speeds on different surfaces. It features working headlights and brake / reverse lights.
The Scarab can move at different speeds on different surfaces. On roads in cities the scarab can easily reach a top speed of 38m/s with 4ps. On other surfaces the speed is much less, such as little hills and rocky terrain. Gravity also affects how fast the Scarab can move.
Unlike skimmers, the Scarab is not detectable in a ship. It is possible to detect a scarab while in another scarab. From a distance, the Scarab appears from a ship as a little light moving across the surface. The Scarab features working headlights and brake-lights.
Combat-wise it is outfitted with a shield and a plasma repeater turret.
There are two drive modes for the Scarab: Drive Assist Off and Drive Assist On. Drive Assist On sets the SRV to your desired speed. It's quite like cruise control. Drive Assist Off lets you control the SRV similar to driving a real car.
- To assist with manoeuvring on low-gravity planets, the SRV thrusters produce downforce, resulting in artificially higher gravity than actual gravity. On planets with gravity less than 1G, the SRV's effective gravity is the average of 1G and the actual value. For example, on a 0.2G world the effective gravity will be 0.6G. The lowest possible effective gravity is therefore slightly above 0.5G. On planets above 1G, downforce is not used and the actual gravity value applies.
- Over 92,322,972,771 meters have been driven in SRVs so far as of March 4, 2018.
- The Scarab was added with the Elite Dangerous: Horizons expansion.
See Also Edit
- ↑ https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/269544-How-To-SRV-controls-(gamepad)
- ↑ https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/319760-Gravity-on-planets-are-COMPLETELY-WRONG!?p=4981150&viewfull=1#post4981150
- ↑ https://twitter.com/EliteDangerous/status/970282772899254272
- ↑ Elite Dangerous: Horizons - Pre-Order