|Dimensions||13.9L - 16.9W - 2.6H m|
|Top Speed||263 to 273 m/s|
|Boost Speed||544 to 564 m/s|
|Manoeuvrability||40 to 41 deg/s pitch|
|Cargo Capacity||0 t|
|Unladen Jump Range||0 ly|
|Landing Pad Size||Fighter Hangar|
|Hardpoints||1x Utility Mount|
2x Small Hardpoints
The Taipan short-range fighter is Faulcon deLacy's response to the success of Core Dynamics’ F-63 Condor and the Imperial Fighter designed by Gutamaya Shipyards for the Imperial Navy. The export restrictions on those models has left a wide gap in the market that Faulcon deLacy intends to exploit with the Taipan. Although most independent navies lack the large, capital-class carriers of the two larger superpowers, a range of smaller ships can be fitted with hangars to deploy small numbers of the craft. The Taipan can also act as a short-range critical-response fighter for starports and surface installations.
— In-game description
The Taipan is a Ship-Launched Fighter manufactured by Faulcon DeLacy and included in the Elite Dangerous: Horizons 2.2 update. It can only be deployed from a Fighter Hangar equipped on a larger ship.
The Taipan Fighter can be purchased in Alliance and Independent systems only, but can be restocked in any system.
The rear wings of the Taipan have their in-flight position (the non-docking configuration) animated based on the heat level of the fighter. As the ship's heat level increases, the rear wings will decrease the amount they are swept back in a V shape and will become closer to a straight wing shape.
The Taipan is available in 6 variants, which differ only in weapons and utility modules, and slightly in the top and boost speed. F-variants have fixed weapons and G-variants have gimballed weapons.
|Variant||Weapons||Utility||Damage Per Second||Speed [Boost] (m/s)||Pitch / Roll / Yaw Rate (deg/s)||Cost (CR) *|
|Aegis F||2x fixed pulse lasers||Point Defence Turret||44||273 ||41 / 91 / 18||15,270|
|AX1 F||2x AX Multi-cannon||None||55||279 ||42 / ? / ?||15,270|
|Rogue F||2x fixed plasma repeaters||Chaff Launcher||36||263 ||40 / 88 / 18||15,270|
|Gelid G||2x gimballed beam lasers||Heat Sink Launcher||25||263 ||40 / 88 / 18||15,270|
|Rogue G||2x gimballed pulse lasers||Chaff Launcher||12||263 ||40 / 88 / 18||15,270|
|Gelid F||2x fixed beam laser||Heat Sink Launcher||45||263 ||40 / 88 / 18||15,270|
* This is the cost to initially outfit a Fighter Hangar bay for that fighter type/variant, or to change it to a different fighter type/variant. The cost to restock destroyed fighters is 1,030 CR each.
Purchase Locations Edit
|All Types||Shinrarta Dezhra||Jameson Memorial||Feb. 6, 2018||10% discount|
|All Types||Brestla||i Sola Prospect||Feb. 6, 2018||20% surcharge|
|All Types||Nganji||Christian Dock||Mar. 9, 2017|
|All Types||Donar's Oak||Pleiades Sector IR-W D1-55||Dec. 15, 2017|
|All Types||Diaguandri||Ray Gateway||Dec. 8, 2017|
|All Types||Didio||Comer Hub||Feb. 20, 2018|
- Concept art of the Taipan referred to it as the "Independent Fighter".
- The Taipan's design similarities to Lakon Spaceways ships caused many players to assume that it was a Lakon product, but descriptions in the game and on cosmetic items in the Frontier Store for the fighter confirm that it is from Faulcon DeLacy.
- ↑ Screenshot of Taipan flavor text
- ↑ Elite Dangerous patch 2.2 - aliens, space stations & more | Gamescom 2016, 2016-08-17
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/58q7cv/everything_you_need_to_know_about_ship_launched/
Ships by type
|Flight Operations Carrier||