|Dimensions||13.9m x 16.9m x 2.6m|
|Top Speed||263-279 m/s|
|Boost Speed||544-577 m/s|
|Manoeuvrability||Pitch Rate: 40-42°|
Yaw Rate: 18-19°
Roll Rate: 88-93°
|Landing Pad Size||Fighter Hangar|
|Hardpoints||1x Utility Mount|
2x Small Hardpoints
The Taipan is a Ship-Launched Fighter manufactured by Faulcon DeLacy. Designed as a general-purpose fighter for independent navies, the Taipan is relatively slow but built for durability, allowing it to endure prolonged battles more easily and survive hits that would shred other fighters. It can only be deployed from a Fighter Hangar equipped on a larger ship.
The Taipan short-range fighter is Faulcon deLacy's response to the success of Core Dynamics' F-63 Condor and the Imperial Fighter designed by Gutamaya Shipyards for the Imperial Navy. The export restrictions on those models has left a wide gap in the market that Faulcon deLacy intends to exploit with the Taipan. Although most independent navies lack the large, capital-class carriers of the two larger superpowers, a range of smaller ships can be fitted with hangars to deploy small numbers of the craft. The Taipan can also act as a short-range critical-response fighter for starports and surface installations.
— In-game description
The Taipan Fighter can be purchased in Alliance and Independent systems only, but can be restocked in any system.
The rear wings of the Taipan have their in-flight position (the non-docking configuration) animated based on the heat level of the fighter. As the ship's heat level increases, the rear wings will decrease the amount they are swept back in a V shape and will become closer to a straight wing shape.
The Taipan is available in 6 variants, which differ only in weapons and utility modules, and slightly in the top and boost speed. F-variants have fixed weapons and G-variants have gimballed weapons.
|Variant||Weapons||Utility||Damage Per Second||Speed [Boost] (m/s)||Pitch / Roll / Yaw Rate (deg/s)||Cost (CR) *|
|Aegis F||2x fixed pulse lasers||Point Defence Turret||44||273 ||41 / 91 / 18||15,270|
|AX1 F||2x AX Multi-cannon||None||55||279 ||42 / 93 / 19||15,270|
|Rogue F||2x fixed plasma repeaters||Chaff Launcher||36||263 ||40 / 88 / 18||15,270|
|Gelid G||2x gimballed beam lasers||Heat Sink Launcher||25||263 ||40 / 88 / 18||15,270|
|Rogue G||2x gimballed pulse lasers||Chaff Launcher||12||263 ||40 / 88 / 18||15,270|
|Gelid F||2x fixed beam laser||Heat Sink Launcher||45||263 ||40 / 88 / 18||15,270|
* This is the cost to initially outfit a Fighter Hangar bay for that fighter type/variant, or to change it to a different fighter type/variant. The cost to restock destroyed fighters is 1,030 CR each.
Purchase Locations Edit
|All Types||Shinrarta Dezhra||Jameson Memorial||Feb. 6, 2018||10% discount|
|All Types||Brestla||i Sola Prospect||Feb. 6, 2018||20% surcharge|
|All Types||Nganji||Christian Dock||Mar. 9, 2017|
|All Types||Donar's Oak||Pleiades Sector IR-W D1-55||Dec. 15, 2017|
|All Types||Diaguandri||Ray Gateway||Dec. 8, 2017|
|All Types||Didio||Comer Hub||Feb. 20, 2018|
- Concept art of the Taipan referred to it as the "Independent Fighter".
- The Taipan's design similarities to Lakon Spaceways ships caused many players to assume that it was a Lakon product, but descriptions in the game and on cosmetic items in the Frontier Store for the fighter confirm that it is from Faulcon DeLacy.
- ↑ Screenshot of Taipan flavor text
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/58q7cv/everything_you_need_to_know_about_ship_launched/
- ↑ Elite Dangerous patch 2.2 - aliens, space stations & more | Gamescom 2016, 2016-08-17
Ships by type
|Flight Operations Carrier||