The Canonn Interstellar Research Group is a 3,800 player-strong group dedicated to unearthing all mysteries throughout the galaxy. It was founded by Dr. Arcanonn in April 3301. The Canonn is represented by three minor factions: Canonn in the Core Systems, Canonn Deep Space Research in the Colonia Region, and Canonn Gnosis Division, which manages the roving Megaship The Gnosis.
The Canonn Interstellar Research Group (‘Canonn’ for short) is an independent cooperative, made up of thousands of Commanders, committed to exploration, discovery, science, biscuits and tinfoil. The name ‘The Canonn’ was first mooted on 21st May 3301 in connection with so-called ‘anti-federation terrorist’ activities, but was soon re-appropriated for the purposes of science upon the establishment of Commander-led factions.
Their base of operations is Thompson Dock, Varati – chosen by public vote – and many of their Commanders are working hard to expand our influence throughout the entire system and beyond, bringing science to the masses.
If there are any questions that need answering, anything strange to be investigated in the galaxy – they're usually there first. If they're not, then they're certainly quick to respond!
The group is made up of pilots from all walks of life, all with different individual political allegiances. But when they want to do science, they do it under the Canonn umbrella, because they know that they will be listened to, and taken seriously.
Most member communication is via their Discord server, details of how to join are on their website.
It all started with the emergence of the now infamous Unknown Artefacts, a mystery that continues to dominate the universe.
Their never-ending mission is not just to uncover the truth about these Unknown Artefacts, but all mysteries throughout the galaxy.
- November 19, 3301 - The Canonn is featured on the live stream "Educating Ed Episode 4 - Canonn Research".
- March 10, 3302 - The Canonn launches a successful campaign for palladium to construct a research outpost in the Col 285 Sector IX-T d3-43 system to support their investigation of Unknown Artefacts.
- June 3, 3302 - Construction is completed on the Canonn Institute in Col 285 Sector IX-T d3-43.
- August 4, 3302 - The Canonn is featured on the live stream "Educating Ed - Canonn and the Unknown Probe".
- January 6, 3303 - The Canonn and nine other player groups are selected for Phase 1 of the Colonia Expansion Initiative. Arcanonn's Legacy is later constructed in the Canonnia system.
- January 10, 3303 - The Canonn is featured on the live stream "Educating Ed - Science with Canonn Part 3!"
- May 18, 3303 - The Canonn is the first player group which acquired their own megaship after a community goal which was completed in 64 hours by nearly ten thousand players.
Opened on June 3, 3302, the Canonn Institute is a state-of-the-art Scientific Outpost dedicated to support the Canonn Intersteller Research Group's research into the Unknown Artefacts, Unknown Probes, Unknown Ships, and other mysteries of the galaxy.
The planetary outpost Arcanonn's Legacy in the Canonnia system represents Canonn's presence in the Colonia Region. It was established in January 3303 after Canonn was one of the factions selected for Phase 1 of the Colonia Expansion Initiative.
The Canonn is the first player group to control a Megaship: The Gnosis. The vessel was launched in Varati on May 18, 3303, and began traveling to new destinations on September 28, 3303; its current location is noted in its Flight Plan. It is equipped with all facilities except a shipyard, and is open to all CMDRs. The Gnosis is controlled by the minor faction Canonn Gnosis Division.
A 10-tier community goal was launched by the Canonn Interstellar Research Group to build the ship, requesting the delivery of 35 million tons of Indium, Computer Components, and Tea. It started on 11 May 3303 and 9,721 players contributed to complete the goal in 64 hours. There was a delivery rate of 9114 tons per minute. The Gnosis will serve as a mobile command post for the Canonn and their allies. Capable of faster-than-light travel, The Gnosis will be deployed to ongoing research sites such as barnacles, ancient ruins and Thargoid sites.
- ↑ http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-05-11-the-state-of-elite-dangerous
- ↑ https://canonn.science/about-us/
- ↑ https://canonn.science/how-to-join/
- ↑ https://canonn.science/
- ↑ https://canonn.science/council/
- ↑ https://forums.frontier.co.uk/forumdisplay.php/217-Aliens
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoCiZVf_ea0
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Community Goal: Canonn Launches Outpost Campaign
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Galactic News: Canonn Campaign Comes to an End
- ↑ Tourist Spot Beacon 0694
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCpAKlk0IKo
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Frontier Forums: Colonia Expansion Initiative - Phase One Complete
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGI8mHqB7TU
- ↑ https://community.elitedangerous.com/en/galnet/18-MAY-3303
- ↑ https://eddb.io/station/63143
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4HnFLn7aOo
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFMDwCkeQsA
- ↑ https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/351480-Canonn-Launches-Gnosis-Campaign-(Trade)