Universal Cartographics is a corporation focused on mapping the universe. Due to the limitations of the Frame Shift Drive, its efforts are currently constrained to the Milky Way Galaxy.
The Galaxy Map, System Map, and Planetary Map use Universal Cartographics data. Exploration data on systems that contain a full-size orbital Starport is freely available to everyone, while for other systems you might have to pay Universal Cartographics a small amount of credits for the data or explore it yourself.
12 NOV 3301
- As the final phase of the construction of the starport for the Pleiades Nebula, the UC-supported group asked for Computer Components to be delivered to Neville Horizons.
22 OCT 3301
- With support from Universal Cartographics and Brewer Corporation, a development group founded by the Explorer's Association had been planning to build an Ocellus starport which would be stationed in the Pleiades Nebula. They asked for metals to be delivered to Neville Horizons in the Kaushpoos system to build the starport superstructure.
12 OCT 3301
- Universal Cartographics released a statement blaming Emperor's Dawn for the recent scanner firmware bug that had caused some explorers to lose their data.
05 MAR 3301
Commanders started noting discrepancies between the exploration records stored in their ship systems and their own personal records. When we investigated, we found that one of our contractors has purposely altered a recent firmware update that was applied to all discovery and surface scanners. We also found that the contractor had a connection to Emperor's Dawn. An arrest warrant has been issued, and our staff worked through the weekend to recover the encrypted data and replace the compromised firmware.
— Spokesperson for Universal Cartographics
- The first Deep Space Exploration Platform, Unity Starport, had its official opening in New Yembo.
10 FEB 3301
- Universal Cartographics announced that the first of their new fleet of UC controlled Explorer Stations would go to the HIP 101110 system. They offered some incentives for metal to be delivered to Naddoddur Terminal in Yembo to help build the station.
07 FEB 3301
Hopefully this will be the first step in putting a more robust support system in place for all the brave men and women who risk their lives out there in the black. It won’t be easy establishing a station so far away, but we believe the rewards far outweigh any obstacles that might crop up along the way.
- Universal Cartographics announced their intention to launch a new station. The candidate systems, submitted by Members of Universal Cartographics and the Explorers’ Association, were HIP 101110, SYNUEFE FR-T B36-3, Maia, HIP 117585, and HIP 27215. They asked for more exploration data, to help them reach a decision.